I remember one specific time I spoke to you in my driveway regarding this situation. You were one of the few people that made me feel like you cared, and you had the desire to invest time in providing me with a sense that your department cared about this situation. My analysis of you as a person is based on my interaction with you. You are a good man and someone I would call my friend. I have no grievance with you. What disappoints me is evidence of the leadership of your department’s failure to take ownership of the sum of its leadership documented across three years’ worth of Iowa Incident Reports. At the same time, your department communicated to me it correctly did its job.
I have no control over whether you personally give me the records I requested on 13 MAR 2023 at 1000. I am curious whether you have the courage to represent a record documenting the sum of your leadership in your business lobby. At the same time, I have produced evidence of having the courage to defend your freedoms and liberties in the Persian Gulf. I am prepared to shake your hand and thank you for your service as we work to improve what I believe is evidence of a deficiency within your department. At the same time, I am confident we can both acknowledge your contracted attorney lacks the competence to halt my progress regarding this objective.
Have a good weekend Ron, and take care, Sir.
Michael J. Merritt, USN Retired/Writer
Information Warfare Specialist
Information Systems Manager
PO BOX 187
Newton, IA 50208
“Bricks made with testimony lacking evidence are equivalent to bricks made with straw without clay.”Cipher Hunter
Enc: 1. Freedom of Information Request – City of Newton, IA – #003 – 04 JAN 2022
2. Electronic Mail – City of Newton, IA, LT Wing – 13 JAN 2022
3. Memorandum – City Attorney Matthew Brick – Brick Gentry – 10 MAR 2022
4. Electronic Mail – City of Newton, IA, Chief of Police Robert Burdess – 01 APR 2022
5. Electronic Mail – City of Newton, IA, LT Ron Cook – 22 JUN 2022
6. City of Newton, IA – Iowa Incident Report – 22-18513 – 22 JUN 2022
7. City of Newton, IA – Receipt – #21,388 – 23 JUN 2022
8. Memorandum – City Attorney Matthew Brick – Brick Gentry PC – 05 AUG 2022
9. Memorandum – City Attorney Matthew Brick – Brick Gentry PC – 07 MAR 2022
10. Jasper County, IA Sheriff – Records Response – 25 MAR 2022
11. Iowa Open Records Request – City of Newton, IA – #036 – 10 MAR 2023